The Red Devils are currently top of Group A on 12 points, three ahead of both CSKA and Basel. Despite defeat in their last European outing away to the Swiss champions, a point in the final group game will be enough to see United through to the last 16.
And José Mourinho‘s men will be feeling confident off the back of their impressive 3-1 win over Arsenal at the Emirates on Saturday. However, with only a draw required and as the Manchester derby approaches at the weekend, expect the Portuguese boss to rest key players against the Russians.
Man United Team News:
- Eric Bailly – major doubt (thigh)
- Marouane Fellaini – major doubt (knee)
- Phil Jones – out (thigh)
- Michael Carrick – out (heart)
Man United’s recent form:
- Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd
- Man Utd 4-1 Newcastle
- Basel 1-0 Man Utd (Champions League)
- Man Utd 1-0 Brighton
- Watford 2-4 Man Utd
- Arsenal 1-3 Man Utd
Man United key stats
- Romelu Lukaku has now scored just one goal in his last 12 appearances for United.
- CSKA (20) are one of only three teams to have won more aerial duels per game than United (17.8) in the Champions League this season.
- Only four players have completed more dribbles than Anthony Martial (18) in the Champions League this season.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the United side it believes is most likely to start, but you can also give it a go yourself.
Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick the XI players you would choose, and you can also see their stats per 90 minutes once you’ve picked them.
When you’re happy with your team, press ‘confirm’ and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.