It was only a matter of weeks ago that Spurs considered themselves very much in the title race, however after only taking four points out of their last possible 12, things don’t seem so rosy for the North London club.
After a defeat during the week at Leicester, they will be looking to get back to winning ways at a ground they have had continuous success at – their previous loss in the league at Watford was in 1987.
Currently seventh in the top flight, Spurs have taken 24 points from 14 games this season. the Hornets, meanwhile, are in eighth place after claiming 21 points from their 14 matches.
Tottenham Team News
Tottenham Recent Form
- Leicester City 2-1 Tottenham
- Tottenham 1-1 West Bromwich Albion
- Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Tottenham (Champions League)
- Arsenal 2-0 Tottenham
- Tottenham 1-0 Crystal Palace
- Tottenham 3-1 Real Madrid (Champions League)
Tottenham Key Stats
- Harry Kane has attempted more shots than anybody else in the Premier League this season (78)
- Kane has also hit the woodwork more times than any other player this season (five)
- Hugo Lloris has made the second-least amount of saves so far this season in the Premier League (23), only Ederson has made less saves (17)
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Spurs side it believes will start the game.
Football Whispers uses data to predict teams’ starting XIs, taking into account injuries, suspensions, the statistical likelihood of a player being selected, the competition the match is in, players’ previous performances and the opponent’s style.
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game.You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.