Pep Guardiola has been riding his luck a little of late, and with a trip to Ukraine ahead next week, Sunday’s 4pm kick-off at the Etihad Stadium could be a banana skin for the Catalan boss.
City, who are flying at the top of the table, eights points clear of rivals United, will go into the fixture knowing how everyone else has coped before they kick-off.
Manchester City Team News:
- Benjamin Mendy out (knee)
- John Stones out (hamstring)
Manchester City’s recent form:
- Napoli 2-4 Man City (Champions League)
- Man City 3-1 Arsenal
- Leicester 0-2 Man City
- Man City 1-0 Feyenoord (Champions League)
- Huddersfield 1-2 Man City
- Man City 2-1 Southampton
Manchester City’s key stats:
- City’s haul of 40 points from 14 Premier League games is the joint-best tally ever at this stage – Spurs managed it in 1960/61
- Sterling’s winner against Southampton was the fourth time he’d found the net in the 84th minute or later for City.
- With six goals and six assists, Leroy Sané has been involved in more goals than any other City player in the Premier League.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Man City side it believes is most likely to start, but you can also give it a go yourself.
Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick the XI players you would choose, and you can also see their stats per 90 minutes once you’ve picked them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.