Celtic welcome Hamilton Academical to Celtic Park on Wednesday night with the aim of getting back to winning ways. After their 1-0 defeat in Champions League action to Anderlecht last week, they drew 2-2 away to Hibernian in the league.
Brendan Rodgers’ side are still sat comfortably atop the Scottish Premiership table, with a five-point gap separating them from Rangers and Aberdeen in second and third place respectively. They also have a game in hand on their closest challengers.
However, expectations are high as Celtic simply cannot afford to drop points at home to Hamilton, who sit ninth and haven’t won in three league fixtures.
CELTIC TEAM NEWS:
- Patrick Roberts (thigh) is out with a long-term injury
- Tom Rogic could return after missing the draw with Hibernian
CELTIC RECENT FORM:
- Hibernian 2-2 Celtic
- Celtic 0-1 Anderlecht (Champions League)
- Celtic 5-1 Motherwell
- Motherwell 1-1 Celtic
- Motherwell 0-2 Celtic (Scottish League Cup)
- Paris Saint-Germain 7-1 Celtic (Champions League)
CELTIC KEY STATS:
- Celtic are currently an incredible 68 domestic games unbeaten
- Celtic’s first-choice strikers, Leigh Griffiths and Moussa Dembélé, have scored just nine league goals between them this season.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Celtic side it believes is most likely to start, but you can also give it a go yourself.
Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick the 11 players you would choose, and you can also see their stats per 90 minutes once you’ve picked them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.