Southampton host Leicester City on Wednesday and will be looking to go one better than their unfortunate draw against Arsenal, when they led for 85 minutes before France international striker Olivier Giroud rose to head home a late equaliser for the Gunners.
Currently 11th in the top flight, the Saints have taken 18 points from 16 games this season. Leicester, meanwhile, are in eighth place after claiming 23 points from their 16 matches.
SOUTHAMPTON TEAM NEWS:
SOUTHAMPTON RECENT FORM:
- Southampton 1-1 Arsenal
- Bournemouth 1-1 Southampton
- Manchester City 2-1 Southampton
- Southampton 4-1 Everton
- Liverpool 3-0 Southampton
- Southampton 0-1 Burnley
SOUTHAMPTON KEY STATS:
- Charlie Austin has scored eight goals in his last 11 Premier League matches for Southampton
- Dusan Tadic provided his 26th Premier League assist for Southampton in Sunday’s 1-1 draw with Arsenal. Only Matt Le Tissier (64) has more for the club.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the Southampton side it believes will start the game.
Football Whispers uses data to predict teams’ starting XIs, taking into account injuries, suspensions, the statistical likelihood of a player being selected, the competition the match is in, players’ previous performances and the opponent’s style
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game.You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.