It doesn’t get any easier for David Moyes. His West Ham United side have taken just the one point from his three games in charge and this weekend the Irons travel to rampant Premier League leaders Manchester City.
A midweek humiliation at the hands of an out-of-form Everton side was alarming and a sign that the Scot has plenty of work to do if he is to guide the club out of and away from relegation trouble.
But a trip to The Etihad is unlikely to end in anything other than defeat for West Ham unless Moyes and his players can conjure up 90 minutes of magic.
Both sides frustrated Pep Guardiola’s side by sitting deep and soaking up pressure. West Ham must try to do the same, although their defence has been far from reliable this term.
West Ham Team News:
- Andy Carroll doubtful (knee)
- Winston Reid doubtful (hamstring)
- Javier Hernández out (hamstring)
- Sam Byram out (thigh)
- José Fonte out (ankle)
- James Collins doubtful (hamstring)
West Ham Recent Form:
- Everton 4-0 West Ham
- West Ham 1-1 Leicester City
- Watford 2-0 West Ham
- West Ham 1-4 Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 2-2 West Ham
- Tottenham Hotspur 2-3 West Ham (Carabao Cup)
West Ham Key Stats:
- West Ham didn’t attempt a single shot against Everton until the 52nd minute on Wednesday – the third longest wait for an attempt on goal in the Premier League this season.
- The Hammers have scored just five league goals away from home this term, and three of those have come from Javier Hernandez – who is injured this weekend.
- If the Irons win this weekend and Mark Noble is in the team, it will be the captain’s 100th Premier League victory…but he might have to wait a little longer for that milestone, in all likelihood…
Our unique algorithm has predicted the West Ham side it believes will start the game.
Football Whispers uses data to predict teams’ starting XIs, taking into account injuries, suspensions, the statistical likelihood of a player being selected, the competition the match is in, players’ previous performances and the opponent’s style.
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game.You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.