David Moyes bagged his first win as West Ham manager against unlikely opponents in the form of Chelsea at the weekend, and he’ll be looking to carry that momentum forward when Arsenal visit the London Stadium on Wednesday night.
The Hammers put in a dogged performance to secure a rare clean sheet against the Premier League champions and that should fill the Hammers side with confidence ahead of what is, on paper, an equally tough midweek fixture against the inconsistent Gunners.
West Ham Team News:
- Sam Byram doubtful (thigh)
- José Fonte out (ankle)
- James Collins doubtful (ankle)
- Andy Carroll out (knee)
- Cheikhou Kouyaté doubtful (hamstring)
West Ham’s Recent Form:
- West Ham 1-0 Chelsea
- Manchester City 2-1 West Ham
- Everton 4-0 West Ham
- West Ham 1-1 Leicester City
- Watford 2-0 West Ham
- West Ham 1-4 Liverpool
West Ham Key Stats:
- Arsenal have won more away games against West Ham than against any other opposition in the Premier League.
- This will be West Ham’s 100th London derby at home in the Premier League. The win over Chelsea was their 36th London derby win at home.
- Granit Xhaka is Arsenal’s best passer, having completed over 1,300. Manuel Lanzini, West Ham’s equivalent, has completed less than 600.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the West Ham side it believes will start the game.
Football Whispers uses data to predict teams’ starting XIs, taking into account injuries, suspensions, the statistical likelihood of a player being selected, the competition the match is in, players’ previous performances and the opponent’s style.
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game.You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.