West Ham were admirable in defeat against Manchester City last weekend, and after limiting the league leaders to just the two goals at the Etihad, they will have to perform some similarly impressive rearguard action when Chelsea visit the London Stadium this weekend.
The Hammers’ plight will not be helped by a long injury list that carries the names of several key players ahead of a two intimidating London derbies and, with just two points from their last six games, the threat of relegation looms ever-larger.
West Ham Team News:
- Javier Hernández doubtful (hamstring)
- Sam Byram doubtful (thigh)
- José Fonte out (ankle)
- Michail Antonio doubtful (cramp)
- James Collins doubtful (ankle)
- Andy Carroll doubtful (knee)
- Winston Reid doubtful (hamstring)
- Cheikhou Kouyaté doubtful (hamstring)
West Ham’s Recent Form:
- Manchester City 2-1 West Ham
- Everton 4-0 West Ham
- West Ham 1-1 Leicester City
- Watford 2-0 West Ham
- West Ham 1-4 Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 2-2 West Ham
West Ham Key Stats:
- West Ham are winless in eight, their worst run in the Premier League since December 2015.
- David Moyes has won four of his last five home Premier League games against the division’s reigning champions.
- Pablo Zabaleta has completed more tackles than any player in either squad – six more than Chelsea’s best tackler, N’Golo Kanté.
Our unique algorithm has predicted the West Ham side it believes will start the game.
Football Whispers uses data to predict teams’ starting XIs, taking into account injuries, suspensions, the statistical likelihood of a player being selected, the competition the match is in, players’ previous performances and the opponent’s style.
And you can also give it a go yourself. Just click ‘create your own’ on the line-up at the top of the page and pick your ideal XI for the game.You can also see each player’s stats once you’ve selected them.
When you’re happy with your team, press confirm and you’ll be able to share it with your friends via social media.